About Shockwave Treatment at The Churchill Center.
This is an advanced and very effective non-invasive treatment cleared by the FDA. Based on pressure waves (sound waves) can stimulate metabolism and help the body regenerate
damaged tissue. Shockwave therapy is a clinically proven treatment for soft tissue injuries. A shockwave is defined as a sound wave that passes through the body and is not an electrical pulse. The treatment initiates a pro-inflammatory response in the tissue where the shockwaves have been applied. The body responds by increasing the blood circulation and metabolism in the impact area which in turn accelerates the body’s own healing processes. The shockwaves break down injured tissue and calcifications.
Shockwave was originally developed for healing injuries and chronic pain in joints and muscles as well as improved mobility and decreases in cellulite. Now a proven treatment option for a broad range of conditions: Cellulite, Joint and musculoskeletal pain, intractable pain syndromes, decreases pain and healing time after surgery, trigger points, Myofascial Pain Syndrome (MPS)- Fibromyalgia is a type of MPS, erectile dysfunction, vaginal rejuvenation: decreases laxity, decreases atrophy and may regenerate tissue, may decrease incontinence. Breaks down scar tissue, as an adjunct to wound healing, as well as is used for cupping to remove toxins and stimulate blood flow as in Chinese medicine.
1. Joint and Musculoskeletal Pain and Range of Motion:
- TREATMENT OF OVERUSE INJURIES
- HAMSTRING PAIN
- POSTERIOR HEEL PAIN
- TOP OF FOOT PAIN
- WRIST TENDONITIS (TENOSYNOVITIS)
- SHOULDER TENDONITIS
- BONE SPURS EXOSTOSIS
- INSERTIONAL ACHILLES TENDONITIS
- HIP TENDONITIS
- ROTATOR CUFF PAIN
- FROZEN SHOULDER
- HEEL SPURS
- ILIOTIBIAL IT BAND SYNDROME
- PERONEAL TENDONITIS (ANKLE TENDONITIS)
- BREAKING UP SCAR TISSUE
- PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY
- RUNNER’S KNEE TREATMENT
- TURF TOE
- PITCHERS ELBOW PAIN
- TENNIS ELBOW
- HEEL PAIN
- TMJ (TEMPOROMANDIBULAR JOINT)
- UPPER LEFT BACK PAIN
- MUSCLE AND CONNECTIVE TISSUEACTIVATION WITH V-ACTOR®
- CELLULITE TREATMENT
- SHIN SPLINTS
- GOLFERS ELBOW SYMPTOMS
- HIP BURSITIS
- JUMPER’S KNEE (PATELLAR TENDONITIS)
- BICEP TENDONITIS
- MORTON’S NEUROMA
- BAKER’S CYST
- BALL OF FOOT PAIN
- And more…
2. Fibromyalgia (FM)/Myofascial Pain Syndrome (MPS):
Fibromyalgia (FM) is a chronic condition that involves both central and peripheral sensitization and for which no curative treatment is available at the present time. Fibromyalgia shares some of the features of MPS, such as hyperirritability.
Many treatments options have been described for muscle pain syndrome, with differing evidence of efficacy. Extracorporeal Shockwave Treatment (ESWT) offers a new and promising treatment for muscular disorders.
FM is a separate category of muscle pain condition, defined by the American College of Rheumatology as chronic widespread pain and reduced pain thresholds to palpation
The pain is widespread or diffuse, distributed symmetrically above and below the waist. Although MPS and fibromyalgia are separate conditions, they may occur concomitantly. FM patients may develop MPS. FM patients have tender points; some may also have trigger points. Taut band with TP and tender point may appear in the muscles.
This study concluded that: in a multidisciplinary approach, Shockwave (ESWT) appears to be a safe and effective early adjunctive therapy in patients suffering from FM.
3. Erectile Dysfunction:
- Shockwave treatment has been found to be very effective for ED. There are several studies confirming this and in Germany Shockwave treatments are used everyday by thousands of doctors. It is great to use if patients don’t respond to hormones and do not want any invasive treatments. It can be combined with hormone, peptide and or IV therapies to have even greater effects.
- During the treatment, a small wand-like device uses targeted sound waves to stimulate penile tissue and encourage blood flow, which can also speed up the healing process. Low-intensity shockwaves have also been shown to grow new blood vessels and improve blood flow in the penis, which is essential for erections. As well it will help to break up an scar tissue that can be blocking blood flow. Here at The Churchill Center we combine Shockwave therapy with regenerative medicine (P-shot) if needed.
- Healthy erection:
- is the overall result of a complex synergy between blood vessels, the nervous system, hormones and muscles. However, problems with microcirculation are the most common cause of erectile dysfunction. During an erection there is increased blood flow to the penis, which in turn increases the pressure. Sufficient blood flow to the cavernous bodies plays the most important role in erectile function.
- Arterial factors:
Reduced arterial inflow reduces venous compression, resulting in an insufficient erection. Arteriosclerosis is one of the most common causes of ED.
- Risk factors: Here we do a comprehensive blood lab that covers all markers to see if you are at risk for any, or to prevent them from occurring, the conditions listed below. As well if you are younger than 40 years old and have ED you should get tested for heavy metal toxicity which can make heart disease and high blood pressure worse.
- Chronic nicotine abuse
- Diabetes mellitus
- High blood pressure
- High blood cholesterol levels
- Chronic renal disease
4. Vaginal Rejuvenation:
As woman get older they can experience decreased sexual pleasure. This can be from poor lubrication, pain during intercourse, the vaginal canal being too loose causing less sensation or too tight creating discomfort, as well as difficulty or inability in achieving an orgasm. A common occurrence in women is incontinence upon sneezing or coughing…
With increasing age, the blood vessels within the vagina, labia and vulva, can collapse or breakdown. Loss of interest in sex also affects how many women feel about themselves and can have a profound impact on their sex life. Vaginal rejuvenation with shockwave therapy is safe, painless, and can help resolve these issues for women. Here at The Churchill Center we combine Shockwave therapy with Bio-identical hormones, Peptide therapy and IV therapy and combine Shockwave therapy with regenerative medicine (O-shot) if needed.
ShockWave is used to treat cellulite wherever it appears on the body – especially on the outer and inner thigh area and buttocks. ShockWave is one of our most powerful techniques specifically for cellulite and works by sending pressure waves to the lower layers of tissue through a series of acoustic pulses that stimulate fat breakdown, collagen synthesis, and lymphatic drainage.
Research shows Shockwave therapy may be used for:
- Increase skin elasticity
- Stimulate blood and lymph circulation
- Increase membrane permeability
- Remodel collagen within the skin
- Improve skin tone, elasticity and skin thickness by collagen stimulation
- Decreasing the subcutaneous fat cell size by lipolysis, and thus decreasing the fat pockets causing cellulite
- Improve local circulation and lymphatic drainage to decrease swelling and inflammation
- Stimulate healing and collagen production
It uses sound waves that act on localized fat deposits and cellulite of:
- Interior and exterior thighs
- At the same time, shockwave for cellulite enable an improvement in:
- Skin elasticity
- Muscle tone
- Shockwave enable:
- Adjusting penetration depth exactly
- Focusing energy directly
Shockwave for cellulite: biological effects used for:
- Anti-inflammatory effect
- Increased vascularisation
- Activation of angiogenesis
- Calcareous crushing
- Bone reformation
- Treatment of chronic tendinitis
Shockwave for cellulite: dermatology and medical aesthetics
This treatment have been used in aesthetic medicine for the treatment of “orange peel” skin and loss of skin tone. The purpose of the treatment is to improve the firmness of skin tissues and skin elasticity, attenuating imperfections and stimulating connective tissue.
In aesthetic medicine they are also used for:
- Accelerating healing processes
- Improving skin elasticity
- Firming muscle and connective tissue
- stretch marks after pregnancy
MILD CELLULITE – 6 sessions.
2x per week for 3 weeks, then assess results and continue treatment if necessary or further results are desired. It will take 12 weeks from the start to assess final results.
MODERATE CELLULITE – 12 sessions.
2x per week for 6 weeks. then assess results and continue treatment if necessary or further results are desired. It will take 12 weeks from the start to assess final results.
SEVERE CELLULITE: 24 sessions.
2x per week for 12 weeks. then assess results and continue treatment if necessary or further results are desired. It will take 24 weeks from the start to assess final results.
Some opt for starting with a series of 2x per week for 3 weeks. Full benefits will take up to 3 months to develop as the damaged tissue is expelled and new healthier tissue develops.
What is an area?
Treatment areas are defined below. The treatment is designed to deliver sufficient pulses that trigger healing and stimulate regrowth of healthier, more flexible and well circulated tissue to each treatment area during each treatment. Multiple areas may be treated during 1 longer appointment if you book the appointment for the areas you would like to treat.
Back of upper arms
- From below shoulder at underarm to above elbow
- From under bra crease to above pubic bone
- From sacral bone to crease under buttocks
- *Hips are a separate area
- On the sides of the abdomen from under the bra line to above the hip bone
- On the sides from the buttocks crease to the top of the hip bone
- Front OR back from above knees to under buttocks crease
- *Front and back of thighs are 2 areas and treatment will take 30-45 minutes.